PROLOGUE

Hi, I'm Zoe. After much soul-searching over the years, I have discovered that art, for me, is merely an expression of who I am. I have a number of interests (sometimes I think too many!!)--and after all, life is art. So when people ask me what I'm up to, it just made sense to post my expressions here. I hope you enjoy my sense of discovery as much as I do.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tropical Delight (8" x 12")

And now for painting. This piece is one of my favorites, and I look at it every time I need to transport myself to Florida (if only in my imagination) for some sun, white sandy beaches, and intense color.  It was painted at a workshop with Maxine Masterfield in Sarasota, Florida.  Maxine is truly a master in her field of experimental watermedia (masterfield.net.).   The technique is poured ink, and was so fun to do!!  Not much control here and the end result was a pleasant surprise. For all of these reasons, I call it "Tropical Delight".

No comments:

Post a Comment